Can I design my web site with COMMbits and host it elsewhere?
We get this question a lot! With the explosion of 3rd-party website hosts, which mushroom everywhere, people think that $9.95/mo can really get them “unlimited web space”, and “200 email accounts”. Think again.
You get what you pay for.
With such low-cost plans your Internet assets are squeezed in a single server along with thousands of other clients. You really don’t know when your website or email will stop working or when it will be working properly. You rely on what the “guy next door” on the same server is doing. For example, if some other user on the same server is uploading a 10 gig video in their account, all other users will suffer during his upload due to lack of bandwidth.
For some, this is fine, and for $9.95/mo they are willing to take the risk.
If this is what you need, then please take a look at our DIY Shared Web Hosting Plans, which come with a website generator.
If however you decide to build your website utilizing our professional services, (please see our semi-custom website design plans or our custom website design plans) you just cannot afford to have your business residing on a cheap hosting plan.
People who ask us this question are simply comparing prices for “hosting plans”. But the answer really expands way beyond just the cost issue.
We consider web design and web hosting part of the same system. By removing one of these components (web hosting), our business packages are simply not possible any more. We cannot service and support your website while it is hosted somewhere else for a variety of very important reasons, which seriously jeopardize our ability to offer you a complete business solution:
- We don’t know when the data center of your choice performs system updates. Such updates may be responsible for poor website performance, and may require further actions from your webmaster.
- WE support you, no questions asked! Please think for a second: In case you believe something is wrong with your website, and you host elsewhere, whom do you ask? Us (we neither have details for your hosting nor are we responsible for its well being), or your hosting company (they neither have details for your website, nor are they responsible for its well being)? You are potentially stuck in a costly dead-end.
- We don’t want our work be a potential target to blame in case of poor website performance, which may very well be due to poor choice of a hosting provider, or hosting plan. Our semi-custom business packages include the level of business hosting your business deserves.
- Our high-end work for business websites cannot live in a low-end shared hosting environment. If you are interested on a DIY solution please see our Shared Web Hosting Plans instead, which also include an automated website generator.
- Single point of contact. In case of troubles, or when you believe something wrong is happening with your website, but you are not sure whether it is hosting-related, or code-related, or domain-related, you simply talk to us. As your single-point-of-contact it is is our responsibility to help you find and resolve any issues, anywhere in the whole system. No finger-pointing. The ultimate in peace-of-mind!
- The value for the hosting portion with us is quite high. In fact, you end up paying less for hosting compared to average market value for similar business hosting services.
So, and to protect your best interest, the answer is a resounding “no”. Once you choose our semi-custom website design or custom website design packages, business hosting is included. No gueswork! No finger-pointing, no headaches. The ultimate in peace-of-mind!
Nevertheless, if you insist hosting elsewhere we cannot stop you; we will give you a Unix tar archive with your project, and then you are on your own to work with any other data center and webmaster of your choice to deploy, run and support your website. This would also waive all recurring services included in our custom plans as well as all recurring monthly fees. Under this scenario all future support tickets and requests for any changes and/or modifications on your website would be billable following our hourly fees schedule.
We do not experiment. We simply deliver.